Sunday 24 August 2008

Part II: Random Time Wasting In Anticipation of a Dream





Originally posted
Wednesday, July 16, 2008


8.44 am
Sitting here thinking that in 24 hours I will be at the airport already.. waiting for my flight to Philadelphia.
State of nerves? Some what similar to waiting to go into labour, to be honest.

A sense of the irrevocable march of time and conflicting feelings about wanting it to speed up and wanting it to slow down.
What do I want to do most? Well, I need to see Del and get some scanning done, but I don't know what work he

has on today.. so.. intelligent thought numero uno.. phone Del (Zenzero). Done Ok thats one for this evening then.
Next? Ummm more wasting time at the computer I guess! Coffee would be nice, and a read through of Raquel's story might calm me down a bit... or not!

Well I have enough clothes, although theyre mostly too thick and heavy for an American summer. Oh well, the whole concept is "White & Nerdy" so I guess I'll qualify on a number of counts. I look horrible at the moment.

So.. Music then. Nine Inch Nails "Closer" seems to be the song of the moment... Yeah, I know...!Nothing cute and fluffy in this location currently.

First of what I imagine will be the first of several baths/hairwashes today, and a first play today for Running With Scissors.. This really is Al-fan penicillin
Wow well thats most of the morning done then
I'm just killing time now.

OK That was a mistake. The Doors "The End" is a bad idea for anyone contemplating big stuff. I need some more Al Music.. what though? Not Airline Amy or Albuquerque (I could never have spelled that right before being a saddo fan-girl LOL). The voices in my head are telling me to listen to The Doors again.. Argghh. I need more uplift than an obese albatross... It's gotta be...

Yeah.. Dare to be Stupid!

I never thought that online games were particularly educational until today.
I once (or twice) played a mad thing online called "Jamie Kane"

I didnt expect it to help me check in for an international aeroplane flight, but it did, so .. yeah that was good

What DIDN'T help much was that I had to check in from my parents computer on their ludicrously slow dial-up. I'd have done it from home if I had any printer ink, plus mother was keen to talk me through the process, which mainly seemed to consist of Mum informing me that if "the little tellies" weren't flashing I wasn't on the internet. WTG Mum! You dont say? Bless her, but she still thinks a Commodore 64 is top of the range. Her computer skills stopped with the BBC-B and since then, its been a struggle to get her to even write a single e-mail..

Dear sweet mother, my best friend in the whole world is firmly of the idea that anything that happened. after about 1965 is not really very nice, is "Un-English" and therefore to be avoided. Both of my parents are very "New-Elizabethan and Festival of Britain" types with a lingering fondness for the glories of Empire... Scouts/Guides, Fee paying School, Armed Services..Nothing wrong in that of course, except they are on a permanent collision course with what they still refer to as "The Permissive Society"... sigh.........I've never really lived up to their expectations, but they do disguise the disappointment well, most of the time.


Anyway, I digress.
Basically, what I was trying to say was. I am now checked in. I have an aisle seat in the back of the mid section. No, I didn't look to see what sort of plane it was. One that wont break hopefully. I think thats all I need to know. Now?
Well, more filling in time for a while I guess.............

No comments: